The Icebreakers Award
Presented for remarkable achievements in upholding the rule of law, building civil society and protecting dignity of any human being.
Awarding the development of technological innovations in projects with significant social impact.
Awarding projects which found a way to come with new narrative about human rights and activism and successfully reached out to vast public through social media channels.
Awarding new grassroots initiatives, which emerged as a reaction to public authorities´ shortcomings or misdeeds and are demanding change or suggesting new solutions to local problems in a peaceful way.
Awarding journalists who are systematically and thoroughly covering events happening in Eastern European, the Caucasus or Central Asia for the European public.
Awarded to the winner of the public voting on the Icebreakers Awards website which starts October 1st 2022. You decide who is the winner!
Open Call / Nominate
Pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016. (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016) I inform you that:
1) the administrator of your personal data is the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights based in Warsaw at 16 wiejska street,
2) data protection contact – firstname.lastname@example.org,
3) your personal data will be processed for the purpose of participating in the competition on the basis of Article 6(1)(A) and (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016,
4) Your personal data will be stored until you revoke your consent,
5) the controller does not transfer your data outside the European economic area or to international organisations,
6) you have the right to request from the controller access to your personal data, the right to rectify, delete or restrict processing, the right to withdraw consent,
7) You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority,
8) Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data may result in the inability to participate in the competition.